- Prep:30 mins
- Cooking Time:55 mins
You’ll go bananas over this delicious Gluten free banana bread.
Slice and serve warm with a layer of D’lite as a delicious tea time treat.
- 2 Cups Featherlight Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 ml Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 5 Ripe Bananas ( 1 ½ Cups)
- 1 tbsp lemon Juice
- 2/3 Cup (140g) WoodenSpoon Margarine,white
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C and grease a 28 cm x 15.2 cm x 7 cm loaf pan or line with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, sieve together flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. Cream together margarine and sugar in a separate bowl.
4. Mash the bananas and lemon juice together.
5. Add banana mix, eggs, milk and vanilla essence into the creamed margarine and sugar, beat well.
6. Stir into flour mix until just moistened, then pour batter into greased loaf pan.
7. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes in a preheated oven until cooked through. To test if the bread is done, insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf and if it comes out clean, the banana bread should be cooked through.
8. Once cooked, leave in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out and allow to cool on a wiring rack.
9. The banana bread is best served warm or you can slice up and toast over the next few days.