- Prep:10 mins
This recipe is a bold combination of distinct flavours that makes it perfect for those who enjoy a tangy chicken dish. So, if you enjoy chicken and feel adventurous enough to add some zesty flavour, try our simple, homemade marinade that uses typical household ingredients for a great meal and serves up as an excellent family treat on the braai.
We recommend that you enhance the taste of your marinade by leaving it refrigerated overnight before cooking. Trust us – the result is worth the wait!
- 250ml buttermilk
- 125ml Sunfoil Sunflower Oil
- 15ml lemon juice
- 5ml Dijon mustard
- 5ml ground turmeric
- 5ml crushed garlic
- 15ml fresh ginger, finely grated
- 5ml milled black pepper
- Place all of the marinade ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until well combined.
- Place the chicken in a non-metallic container and cover, turning to coat each piece with the Marinade.
- Cover and place in the fridge or at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove chicken pieces from the marinade and cook on a hot grill or braai or bake in the oven.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over the chicken pieces.
To serve: Lemon wedges, Salt and milled black pepper, A bowl of Allsome long grain parboiled rice.