- Prep:5 mins
- Cooking Time:15 mins
Who doesn’t love homemade chips? Especially crispy chips that have been fried to perfection – crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
The art of triple cooked chips is all in the preparation and method. So take a look at our easy to follow directions and you’ll soon be producing perfect chips.
Serve this delicious side with burgers, chicken, steak or fish. They go well with almost anything. You could even get creative and impress your guest by serving them a chip bunny chow alongside a range of sauces or dips.
- 500g potatoes
- Sunfoil Sunflower Oil
- Salt and milled black pepper
- Peel and cut the potatoes into chips.
- Place them into a bowl of cold water for 15 minutes.
- Drain and place in large pot with boiling water. Cook covered on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Drain and allow to dry.
- Arrange the chips on a chopping board and pat dry using a dry tea towel or kitchen paper.
- Half fill a deep pan or deep-fat fryer with oil and heat to 130°C.
- Fry the chips, in batches, until a light crust develops, for around 3 – 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oil and let the chips stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil to 180°C and fry the chips until crisp and golden for approximately 5 – 7 minutes.
- Drain on kitchen paper and season with salt and pepper.
Serving suggestion: serve the chips in bunny chows (bread quarters with the bread filling scooped out) with chakalaka.