- Prep:10 mins
- Cooking Time:16 mins
Try this delicious recipe for the perfect party snack or impress your friends at the next shisa nyama or braai.
Leave the chicken to marinade overnight for best results!
- 1 kg of chicken wings
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ tablespoon Sunfoil Canola oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1-2 tablespoons (extra) honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to grill on 200℃.
2. In a large shallow dish, whisk together the soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, honey, Sunfoil Canola oil and garlic.
3. Coat the chicken with the sauce and refrigerate overnight.
4. Remove wings from marinade and keep liquid aside.
5. On a tray lined with aluminium foil, place the marinated wings and drizzle with a little extra honey.
6. Grill the wings for 8-10 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Turn the wings and grill for a further 5-8 minutes, or until they are golden, sticky and cooked through.
7. While the wings are in the oven; pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan, and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
8. To serve, pour honey sauce over the wings and garnish with sesame seeds.