- Prep:5 mins
- Cooking Time:20 mins
The perfect combination of sweet and savoury. This straightforward recipe combines some of your favourite ingredients to create a great flavour and texture, making the muffins an the ideal snack for breakfast or lunch.
- 500 ml / 2 cups flour
- 20 ml / 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 30 ml / 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 80 ml / 1/3 cup chopped peppadews
- 1 XL egg
- 225 ml water
- 60 g / 4 tablespoons WoodenSpoon Yellow, melted
- 250 ml / 1 cup grated cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add the chives, peppadews, egg, water, and melted WoodenSpoon Yellow and stir well.
- Stir in the grated cheese.
- Spoon the mix into greased muffin pans and bakes for 15 – 20 minutes.
* Freeze well.
* You can add a variety of different herbs, spices and cheeses to your muffin mix, as long as they are not high in moisture like mushrooms or fresh tomatoes.