- Prep:10 mins
- Cooking Time:25 mins
Sishebo is the clever South African combination of stew and curry. We love wholesome meals that are full of spicy flavour. This pilchard-based sishebo is both cost-effective and deliciously tasty. Using just a few basic household ingredients will help you whip together this masterpiece!
- 2 Tbsp Sunfoil Sunflower Oil
- 1 Large onion, chopped finely
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Green chilli, chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp Curry powder
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 x 425g Tin pilchards in tomato sauce
- ¼ Cup Water
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- ⅓ Cup fresh coriander, chopped
- Dash of lemon (half) optional
- Allsome Rice
1. Heat the oil in a pot and sauté the onions until translucent, then add in the garlic and chilli
and cook for a few minutes.
2. Add in the curry powder and black pepper, stir continuously for a further two minutes.
3. Stir in the freshly chopped tomatoes, pilchards, water, sugar and salt. Simmer for 15
4. Add a dash of lemon, half of the chopped coriander and season as desired.
5. Serve with Allsome rice and garnish with the remaining coriander.