- Prep:50 mins
- Cooking Time:45 mins
Simple, wholesome and filling. There’s nothing quite as delicious as a generous slice or chunk of hot, savoury bread as a side dish for meals like stew, curry or the braai.
Try out our straightforward and easy-to-follow Mielie bread recipe. Fibre has never tasted this good!
- 1 ¾ Cup cake flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- ¼ Cup milk
- 1 Can canned sweetcorn
- 2 Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp Chives, chopped
- 1 Cup canned whole corn kernels - roughly chopped
- ½ Cup Wooden Spoon White Margarine
- ½ Cup whole corn kernels for decoration
- D'lite Margarine to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C and grease a 25 x12.5x 5.5 cm loaf tin.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the cake flour, baking powder, salt and smoked paprika.
3. Mix the milk, sweetcorn, eggs and chives together in a bowl.
4. Add the wet mixture into the dry mix, stir well.
5. Add in 1 cup of chopped whole corn kernels and the melted margarine, mix well then
pour into the loaf tin.
4. Sprinkle the remaining corn kernels on top of the mixture and bake in a preheated oven
for 45 minutes, until lightly golden brown and cooked through. To check to see if the
bread has been cooked through, insert a toothpick in the middle of the bread and if it
comes out clean, the bread is ready.