- Prep:10 mins
- Cooking Time:500 mins
Delicious fall-off-the-bone rotisserie style chicken done in your crockpot! A few tips and tricks help make this the best slow cooker chicken you’ll ever eat!
- 1 ( 4 lb) broiler/fryer chicken
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp onion soup mix crushed
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- optional : 1/2 tsp black pepper and 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper for heat or extra salt if you like it salty!
- Pat chicken completely dry with paper towels.
- Truss with or without string (do NOT skip this step or it will fall apart in the crockpot).
- Combine the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl until it forms a paste. If it’s too dry, add small amounts of oil until you get a good spreading consistency.
- Rub the paste all over the chicken, inside and out., making sure not to tear the skin.
- Wad up 4-5 balls of tinfoil, place in the bottom of the crockpot and place the chicken, breast up, on top of the foil.
- Cover the crockpot with the lid and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- When the thigh area has reached a minimum of 185 degrees, carefully remove from the slow cooker and place on a baking sheet.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes in a 450 degree oven to crisp up the skin, watching carefully.
Remove and serve with a side of Allsome rice!