- Prep:5 mins
- Cooking Time:20 mins
Make it a fun fudgeday with this delicious homemade fudge that is the perfect for you and the family. South Africans have a long love history with this sweet treat and the best part is that the recipe is so easy make.
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 125 g WoodenSpoon Yellow
- 1 L / 4 cups sugar
- 250 ml / 1 cup milk
- 10 ml / 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Melt the WoodenSpoon Yellow and sugar slowly with milk.
- Bring to the boil and add the condensed milk.
- Boil for 20 minutes on medium heat, stirring the whole time.
- Test the mix to see if it is ready by dropping 1/2 a teaspoon full in cold water. If it forms a firm ball, it is ready.
- Remove from the heat and quickly stir in the vanilla essence (it will froth up).
- Beat the fudge with a wooden spoon until it looks creamy.
- Pour into a lightly greased 20 x 30 cm pan.
- Mark with a knife and leave to cool and set.
- Cut along the knife marks and store in an airtight container.
*For salted caramel fudge, stir in 2 teaspoons salt at the end with the vanilla essence.