Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 0 mins
Serves: 4 people
Avocado is such a healthy, versatile snack and what better way to enjoy it than by whipping up a batch of this easy, homemade guacamole for your friends or family.
Not only is it ridiculously simple to prepare, but the fresh ingredients are sure to make it taste better than any store bought guacamole. You could always add a bit extra chili to make it even spicier! Guacamole can be enjoyed as a dip with chips, tacos or veggies, or as a side dish to many Mexican-inspired meals like enchiladas, burritos, quesadillas or chili.
½ red onion, finely diced
15ml red wine vinegar
5ml caster sugar
45ml Sunfoil Canola Oil
tomato, deseeded and chopped
2 ripe avocados, roughly chopped or mashed
1 red chili, finely chopped
15ml fresh coriander, chopped (optional)
salt and milled black pepper
- Place the onion into a non-metallic mixing bowl and add the vinegar and caster sugar.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the guacamole with nachos as a canape or snack. Alternatively, serve as a side to Mexican favourites such as chili con carne, burritos and tacos.
To Serve: Nachos