- Prep:60 mins
- Cooking Time:40 mins
Gluten free doesn’t have to mean no more pizza.
Try this delicious and healthy Gluten free pizza base recipe and just add toppings of your choice!
- 1 Cup Warm water (60°C)
- 1 Tbsp Honey or brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp instant Yeast
- ½ Cup Rice Flour
- ½ Cup Brown Rice Flour
- ½ Cup Almond, ground
- 1 tsp Baking Powder, gluten free
- 1 Tbsp Psyllium Husks
- 2 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
1. In a jug, whisk together lightly the warm water, honey and instant yeast. Allow to stand for 3-4 minutes.
2. Sieve the rice flours together in the bowl of a stand mixer and stir in the ground almonds, baking powder, salt and psyllium husk.
3. On a low speed, slowly add in the yeast mixture and oil. Increase the speed to medium–high and beat for 3 minutes.
4. Use an oiled spatula to remove the dough from the sides and to form a ball. Cover and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 200 °C and oil a 12 inch pizza pan or baking tray. Press the dough down into the pan using oiled or wet hands. Make the base quite thin and allow to stand for a further 10 minutes.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes then remove from the oven, add your toppings of choice and bake for a further 10-15 minutes.