- Prep:20 mins
- Cooking Time:50 mins
Gluten free doesn’t mean that you won’t eat bread ever again.
Life can go on as normal with this delicious recipe. Give it a try.
Many gluten free products on the market today have a high glycaemic index and are very low in fiber and nutrients. Adding in the seeds, nuts and psyllium husk to the bread, creates a higher fiber, more nutritionally dense gluten free bread. You can omit the yoghurt if you would like the bread to be dairy free.
- 1/2 C Ground Almonds or ½ C Feather light flour* mix
- ½ Cup Feather light flour Mix*
- 1 Cup Mixed Seeds*
- ¼ Cup Psyllium husks
- 2 tsp GF Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 6 Eggs, beaten
- 2/3 Cup Plain Full Cream Yoghurt or 2/3 C Water
- 2 Tbsp Sunfoil Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Mixed seeds for the top
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C and grease a 25 x12.5x 5.5 cm loaf tin.
2. Place all the dry ingredients (except the 1 ½ Tbsp mixed seeds) into a bowl and mix.
3. Beat the eggs, yoghurt and oil together, mix into the dry ingredients.
4. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and sprinkle with seeds.
5. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
6. Take out of the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before turning out onto a cooling rack.
7. The bread is able to last for a few days or once cooled, slice it up and freeze until needed.