- Prep:8 mins
- Cooking Time:1 mins
This homemade mayonnaise recipe is rich, creamy and silky in texture.
It’s deceptively easy to make using a combination of egg yolks, vinegar, mustard, oil and is enhanced with a variety of different herbs and spices for added flavour.
Everyone has a firm mayonnaise favourite and it’s proven to be so versatile in a number of dishes and recipes, from potato salad to sandwich spread.
Once you’ve tried out this recipe, there will be no need to buy store-bought mayonnaise ever again!
- 2 large egg yolks
- 30ml white wine vinegar
- 5ml Dijon mustard
- salt and ground white pepper
- 250ml – 300ml Sunfoil Sunflower oil
- Place the egg yolks into a blender or food processor, with the vinegar, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper.
- Put the blender on its lowest setting, and gradually add the oil, a little at a time, in a thin, slow, steady stream until the mayonnaise is as thick as desired.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- The mayonnaise can be stored in the fridge for 3 – 4 days.
Cook’s note: for herb mayonnaise (pictured) add 45ml finely chopped herbs. Herb mayonnaise makes a delicious dip for chips and vegetable crudités (pictured).
Other flavour combinations include lemon zest and juice for a citrus mayonnaise, or wasabi powder for wasabi mayonnaise.