- Prep:10 mins
- Cooking Time:420 mins
Chicken stews don’t get much better than this. Try this hearty Sishebo recipe as the perfect winter warmer.
Sishebo is a traditional South African dish that showcases the true diversity of our country.
- 1 cup of frozen vegetables
- 4 large chicken thighs
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can of chicken soup
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Sunfoil Sunflower Oil
- On a hot skillet, add a teaspoon of Sunfoil Sunflower oil and brown the chicken pieces.
- Place frozen stew vegetables and chicken pieces in a slow cooker and sprinkle with pepper.
- In a small bowl stir together soup and curry powder. Pour soup mixture into the cooker. Add extra water if more liquid is required.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours.
- Serve with a side of Allsome rice.