- Prep:30 mins
- Cooking Time:45 mins
Try this delicious heart-healthy curry for the ultimate meal. A flavourful way to add colour and variety to your plate, while still keeping it healthy.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Sunfoil sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1-2 green chillies, chopped (optional)
- 3 curry leaves (optional)
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) turmeric
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) curry powder or to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) masala of your choice
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 brinjal, chopped
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped cauliflower or green beans
- ¼ medium cabbage, chopped
- 1 x 410 g tin butter beans
- lemon juice and black pepper to taste
- 1 whole chicken cut into pieces
1. Heat oil in a large pot and fry onion, garlic, carrots, chillies, curry leaves and spices.
2. Add chicken pieces and coat with the spices.
3. Add tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes. Stir in potatoes, brinjal, water and salt.
4. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer with a lid for 20 minutes.
5. Stir in cauliflower, cabbage and baked beans and simmer for another 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
6. Season with lemon juice and black pepper.