- Prep:15 mins
- Cooking Time:5 mins
If you’re a big fan of Mexican cuisine or just love hot and spicy food, then these cheese-stuffed jalapeno poppers are definitely the food to tantalise your taste buds!
Jalapeno poppers are an excellent hors d’evours, snack or appetiser for any dinner party or social get-together. The combination of creamy and spicy flavours is an excellent choice for food lovers.
This is an easy recipe to learn. Once mastered, try mixing up the flavours with different types of cheeses.
- 12 - 14 jalapeno chillies
- 150g full-fat cream cheese
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- 30g cake flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- Sunfoil Sunflower Oil, for frying
- Make a small incision in each of the jalapenos using a sharp knife, along the length, without cutting all the way through.
- Open up the cavity and using the end of a teaspoon scrape out and discard the seeds.
- Mix the cream cheese with the cheddar, season with salt and pepper then use it to fill the chillies.
- Push them gently to close them up and wipe off any excess.
- Put the flour, egg and breadcrumbs in separate shallow bowls or dishes and roll the stuffed chillies first in the flour, then egg, then the breadcrumbs. Repeat this process so they get a good double coating.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan until it reaches 160°C.
- Deep fry for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Season with salt and serve
Lime wedges (optional)