- Prep:25 mins
- Cooking Time:70 mins
You don’t have to go to KwaZulu-Natal to enjoy a good bunny – but it helps! Seriously though, bunny chow has got to be one of the most delicious South African food favourites. That’s why we have perfected this much-loved, lamb bunny, as an addition to our recipe offerings.
- ¼ Cup Sunfoil Sunflower Oil
- 2 Medium onions, chopped finely
- 3 Cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 Knob ginger, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 ½ tsp Ground fennel
- 1 Tbsp Ground cumin
- 1 ½ Tbsp Garam Masala
- ¼ tsp Ground cardamom
- 1 ½ tsp Ground coriander
- 1 ½ tsp Turmeric
- 10 Curry leaves
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- 800 g Stewing lamb
- 2 Fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ Cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 ½ Whole loaves of fresh white bread
1. Heat the Sunfoil Sunflower oil in a pan and sauté the onions, garlic and ginger until soft.
2. Add in all the spices, curry leaves, salt and meat, fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
3. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and potatoes, simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
4. Season the curry with extra salt, freshly chopped coriander and chilli (if you want it
5. Cut the fresh loaves of bread in thirds. Hollow out the center of the bread, keeping the
spare bread aside.
6. Fill the hollow with the hot lamb curry and serve with the spare bread. Garnish with fresh