- Prep:10 mins
- Cooking Time:50 mins
As if you needed another reason to love chocolate!
There are so many delicious chocolate brownie recipes and variations available, but this brownie recipe is one that you can master in no time. Remember that a brownie should be a good combination between fudge and cake so expect a crispy outer layer and a creamy filling with this recipe. It certainly won’t disappoint the chocolate lovers!
Brownies are an awesome treat served as a sweet snack or as a warmed up dessert with ice-cream.
- 125g Wooden Spoon Yellow Margarine
- 200g soft brown sugar
- 125g dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 55g cake flour
- 35g cocoa powder
- 2ml baking powder
- 150g pecan nuts or macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm baking tin with extra margarine and line the base of the pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the margarine, sugar and chocolate into a large pan and heat over low heat, stirring until melted and well combined.
- Remove from the heat and add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into a mixing bowl and pour the chocolate mixture over the top.
- Add the nuts and stir until combined.
- Pour into the baking tin and bake for 35 – 45 minutes or until just firm on top.
- The center will still be soft and squishy.
- Allow to cool completely and stand for 2 – 3 hours, before cutting into slices.
Serve with a dollop cream or ice cream