- Prep:60 mins
- Cooking Time:45 mins
This vegan pasta meal uses a sweet potato and cashew sauce, ensuring that you get all the fibre and protein you need if you’re following a plant-based diet. Pasta dishes need not be boring if you’re vegetarian or vegan. Try out this stylishly innovative recipe, that serves up a new nutritional take on traditional comfort food.
- 250g spiral gluten-free pasta
- 1 1/2 cups roasted sweet potato cubes
- 1 cup cashew nuts, soaked overnight in 2 cups of water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 cup Sunfoil Oil
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, top topping
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Cook the pasta as manufacturer’s instructions. Once cooked, strain and leave aside for
3.Blend together the sweet potato, cashew nuts, almond milk, nutritional yeast, garlic
powder, salt, cumin powder, chilli powder and Sunfoil Oil until smooth.
4. In a deep bowl, mix together the pasta, sauce and basil. If the pasta is too dry, stir in an
extra ½ cup almond milk. Pour into a casserole or deep based baking dish and bake in the
oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
5. Blitz the sunflower seeds and 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast but keep chunky.
6. Remove the pasta out of the oven and sprinkle over the topping and bake for a further 5
7. Serve hot and serve with a side salad.