- Prep:20 mins
- Cooking Time:60 mins
Add some colour to your festive table by adding this delicious dish to the menu.
We’ve put all our favourite veggies into this colourful recipe, ensuring that it’s packed with nutritional goodness and it tastes great!
- 5 Tbsp Sunfoil Oil
- 1 Butternut, peeled & cut into 2 cm x 6 cm wedges
- 1 Sweet potato, cut into 2 cm x 6 cm wedges
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into 3 cm wedges
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper, ground
- 1 punnet Courgettes, diced
- 2 Aubegines, diced
- 1 Punnet Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Yellow pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp Tahini paste
- 1 ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 2-3 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- ½ tsp fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 50g pine nuts
- ½ Cup Saltanas
- 1/3 Cup roughly chopped up parsley and coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 220 °C.
2. Put the butternut, sweet potato and onion onto a roasting tray with 2 Tbsp of oil, 1/4 tsp salt and some ground black pepper, toss well. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables have taken some colour.
3. In another roasting tray, toss together the courgettes, aubergines, 2 Tbsp oil and ¼ tsp salt. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add in the cherry tomatoes and yellow pepper, roast for a further 10 minutes.
5. Once cooked take out the oven and allow to cool.
6. To make the sauce, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, 2 Tbsp water, garlic & a pinch of salt.
7. In a small frying pan, heat up the 1 tbsp of oil on a low-moderate heat. Add in the pine nuts and a pinch of salt and cook until the pine nuts are golden brown. Toss in the oregano, thyme and toasted sesame seeds
8. Remove from the heat and transfer to a small bowl along with the oil.
9. To serve, spread the vegetables on a platter and drizzle over the tahini dressing. Sprinkle the pin nut mixture and saltanas over the vegetables, garnish with chopped up flat leaf parsley and coriander.