- Prep:25 mins
- Cooking:40 mins
Making a hearty seafood paella is a lot easier than you might think.
This super straightforward recipe uses a combination of delicious seafood and aromatic spices that are easily sourced from your local markets.
It’s simply a matter of mixing it all together for a scrumptious feast.
- 300g prawns, shelled and deveined
- 200g calamari, cleaned and cut into pieces
- 2 large crabs, cleaned and cut into pieces
- 300g fish, cleaned and cut into cubes
- 12 mussels, with shell on
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 4 green chillies
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- Sunfoil Sunflower Oil for frying and cooking
- 4 teaspoons Sunshine D Margarine
- Salt for flavour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup peas
- Fresh coriander and curry leaves
- 2 teaspoons Kashmiri Masala
- 1 teaspoon 🥄turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dhania & jeera powder
- 100 ml water
- Chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked rice
- On a hot stove, in a pan, heat up 1 teaspoon Sunfoil Sunflower Oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon Sunshine D Margarine and 1 clove of crushed garlic.
Fry your seafood mix and remove from the pan.
In a hot paella pan, add 4 teaspoons of Sunfoil Sunflower Oil, fry onions and green chillies for 5 minutes.
Add the rest of the crushed garlic, and spices.
Add all peppers and fry for another 5 minutes.
Add tinned tomatoes and cook until a smooth chutney forms.
Add sugar, mushrooms, and peas and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add all cooked seafood and the remaining margarine to the mixture.
Add in cooked rice, chicken stock and water, and simmer.
Add herbs to garnish and serve.