- Prep:10 mins
- Cooking:30 mins
Chicken is such a versatile dish and this Pesto Chicken recipe is a flavourful take on a classic ingredient.
The recipe takes you through an easy step-by-step process to making your own pesto and it’s easier than you think.
- 1/3 cup Sunfoil Canola Oil
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 fresh mint
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plain yoghurt
- 4 medium sized chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon WoodenSpoon Margarine
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds for garnish
- Pesto marinade: Using a blender, blend together Sunfoil Canola Oil, basil leaves, nuts, mint, cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice and yoghurt.
- Grease the pan with the butter, then rub the pesto marinade onto the chicken and cook on 180 degrees for about 20 to 30 minutes until soft and garnish with sesame seeds.