- Prep:50 mins
- Cooking:7 mins
This inventive recipe infuses prawns with the distinctive flavours of pear and orange. It’s a great idea for a fancy meal with twist.
- 500g prawns deveined and washed
- 2 Tablespoons WoodenSpoon Margarine
- 2 Tablespoon Sunfoil Canola Oil for frying
- 2 pears
- 100 ml of fresh orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon orange and lemon zest
- 1 Teaspoon fine fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon fine fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the prawn and pear with salt, pepper, ginger, garlic, orange juice, paprika, sugar, butter and orange and lemon zest. Allow to rest for about 30 minutes.
- On the grill medium heat cook the prawns and pear for about 7 minutes each side.